Monday, September 2, 2013

Three Cheese Gluten Free Quiche

My husband loooooves quiches. He could eat them four days a week. I could not however, but with quiches you can add whatever veggies or cheese you want and it make a different meal each time.  I found an awesome recipe for a low Glycemic index quiche and I make it all the time! I have also made this quiche gluten free and meat free.  I try to go meatless at least one day a week and quiches lend themselves to this. Don't get me wrong, I will sometimes add meat but this is a healthy meatless meal. This is also an easy make ahead meal for those busy work weeks.

Here is what you need:

1 pie crust ( If you use gluten free crust, they are smaller, so you will need to buy two crusts)
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 cup of shredded cheese ( I like to use swiss, cheddar, or blends)
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
4 eggs, beaten



Crust, mushrooms, cheese, eggs, cottage cheese, and spinach


Optional 
Veggies  (spinach, mushrooms, onions, and anything that sounds good.)
Meat  (bacon, crab, sausage, etc.)

Here is what to do 

  1. Bake the pie crust according to the directions on the package. Don't forget to poke holes in the crust so it doesn't bubble. It usually takes about 10-15 min to cook the crust. 
  2. Mix all ingredients together. 


      3. Bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes.


        4. Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy! (If you want to save this for a work night let it cool and    wrap it up and just reheat in the oven.)

Yummmm


No comments:

Post a Comment