Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pineapple Salsa

Hey Readers! This is Carly. Recently, I went to a Mexican restaurant and had a great pineapple salsa, but I wanted more salsa and more pineapple out of the dip. So I decided to get creative and blend up my own! My salsa is very pineapplely (is that a word) and has no chunks (just the way I like) but feel free to add less pineapple or hand mix it for a different taste. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium size pineapple (I used 3/4 of the pineapple)
  • 3 deseeded medium tomatoes
  • 1/2 of a white onion or sweet onion
  • 1 spoonful of chili garlic sauce
  • Palm full of sea salt
  • Food processors (optional)
  • Pineapple slicer (not necessary, but it is a life saver!)






 Directions:


1. Cut your pineapple. I bought this fancy pineapple cutter from Pampered Chef awhile back and I use it all the time. It's a time saver and arm workout in one. Not to mention, that it makes the pineapple easy to slice and save.


My husband was cutting this one so I could take a picture. :)


2. Put the 3/4 of the pineapple in the food processor and pulse for a few seconds.

3. Peel and cut the onion in 1/2. Place 1/2 of the onion in the food processor.

4. Add the salt.

5. Add the spoonful of chili garlic sauce.


Looks like I decided to add an extra spoonful or sauce.

6. Deseed the tomatoes. I had never done this before so I looked up the how to on YouTube. It was very easy to do. Cut the tomatoes in 1/4th and use a sharp knife to cut the seeds out.


7. Place the tomatoes in the food processor and pulse for 10 seconds.


8. Taste and add more salt or chili garlic sauce if needed. Make sure you are careful because step 9 will increase these flavors.

9. Put the salsa in the fridge over night. This helps the flavor get stronger and adds more spice flavor to it.

10. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and chow down! Try to share with others (if you can)! Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment